Family planning is achieved through contraceptives and helps family plan their pregnancies with sufficient gaps between them.
Benefits of family planning / contraception
- Preventing pregnancy-related health risks in women
- infant mortality
- Helping to prevent HIV/AIDS
- Empowering people and enhancing education
- Reducing adolescent pregnancies
- Slowing population growth
What are the different types of contraceptive?
- fertility awareness
- barrier methods, such as condoms
- hormonal contraception, such the pill or the Depo Provera injection
- long-acting reversible contraception, such as the implant or intra uterine device (IUD)
- permanent contraception, such as vasectomy and tubal ligation
- emergency contraception